Basics of electricity for labs in resource-limited settings
The objective of this course is to explain the basic principles of electricity and how to apply them in a laboratory/hospital in a low-resource setting, taking into account the unstable or inexistent power supply from the grid and the tropical climate.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the basic principles of voltage, current, power, and alternating and direct current
- Know how to protect yourself and your electrical circuit from overcharge, short circuits, electroshock, and lightning
- Be able to calculate the power consumption of your lab
- Know the main options to generate electricity for your lab
- Know how to protect your equipment from unstable voltage and power cuts
- Know the mainstays of maintenance of electric installations in a tropical climate
Press here to begin!