Transport of Infectious Substances
This course will give you the basics on how to transport (possibly) infectious samples in a correct way.
This course is not recognized by any official authority, it is only designed to make you understand why proper packaging is important, and which aspects have to be taken into account.
As regulations, as well international as national, may change over time, you should always confirm the necessary requirements at the moment of shipment.
The schematic images, used during this course, are taken from the following WHO document:
“Guidance on regulations for the transport of infectious substances 2019–2020”.
Geneva: World Health Organization; 2019 (WHO/WHE/CPI/2019.20). Licence: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO.
At the end of this course, you will:
- be able to explain the importance of proper packaging
- be able to classify the infectious substances into the correct category
- know the basic packing instructions for a shipment of infectious material
- know the labeling instructions for a shipment of infectious material
- know the needed documents for a shipment of infectious material
The course concludes with a quiz.
Press here to begin!